Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage problem with just one contact

I have a contact (iPhone user) with whom I always iMessage without a problem. Today my message to this contact went green, it was sent as an SMS. All my messages to just this contact were sending as SMS all day. To my other contacts I was able to message with iMessage with no problems. How can I fix the issue with just one contact.? Will it resolve itself?

Posted on Dec 20, 2014 6:18 PM

2 replies

Dec 22, 2014 11:24 AM in response to Bluewords

Hello Bluewords,

The steps detailed below can help restore your ability to send iMessages to the affected contact.

1. Make sure that the contact trying to message you isn't blocked in Settings > Messages > Blocked.
  2. Make sure that the contact you're trying to send a message to is registered with iMessage.
  3. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages anddelete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.
  4. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and recreate the contact in the Contacts app. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.
  5. Back up and restore your device as new.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages
http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS2755

Cheers,

Allen

Dec 22, 2014 11:39 AM in response to Bluewords

Bluewords wrote:

I have a contact (iPhone user) with whom I always iMessage without a problem. Today my message to this contact went green, it was sent as an SMS. All my messages to just this contact were sending as SMS all day. To my other contacts I was able to message with iMessage with no problems. How can I fix the issue with just one contact.? Will it resolve itself?

Does this contact still have iMessage turned on on their iPhone? If so, have them turn iMessage off, then back on again. If that doesn't fix it, do the same thing on your end. Also, if there are software updates available for either device, install them.

iMessage problem with just one contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.