Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail account does not send mails since Mavericks update

Hi there,

since I updated my iMac to Mavericks my iCloud email-account will not send any messages anymore. It does receive messages alright, but messages to be sent remain in the outgoing folder until I receive an error message which tells me that they can not be sent.

I did not change anything in the settings and according to the Apple homepage the SMTP settings are configured automatically (???)

I have no problem sending messages from my iPhone and iPad - both continue to use the iCloud account....

Does anybody have the same problem or a solution??

G.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 3,06 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 12:17 AM

6 replies

Dec 22, 2014 12:38 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the reply!

Well, the Mail/Window/Connection Doctor tells me that the connection is supposed to be online (green light).

Does that change anything?

I tried to delete the account and added it afterwards - did not change anything though...

P.s.: there is a mistake in my header: I updated to Yosemite and not Mavericks (I am getting all these names mixed up...)

Dec 25, 2014 8:17 AM in response to Eric Root

OK - now I did contact iCloud support and (after some discussion about my iMac being too old for free support) learned how to solve the problem:

You have to delete the iCloud address in your accounts once and afterwards fill it in again - that's it... (Could they not have told us on their homepage???)

Anyway: I am happy that everything works again!

iCloud mail account does not send mails since Mavericks update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.