Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i slipped in a small disc and my mac won't recognise it is in there and i cannot eject it. I have tried shutting down, restarting and holding the mouse but nothing is working, can anyone suggest anything else?

I slipped in a small disc and my mac is not recognising it, therefore it won't eject. I have tried to restart, holding the mouse, logging off and on and completely shutting down. Nothing works, can anyone suggest another method.

Mac Pro, iOS 7.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 1:42 AM

3 replies

Dec 21, 2014 2:18 AM in response to Adelle Wendy

Do you have a tray loading drive?

If so you should be able to remove the front cover of the drive/case and insert a paper clip in the hole to try to manually eject the disk. New would be to remove the drive from the case and try to shake it out use the paper clip,

Also maybe:

https://www.ifixit.com/Discuss/thread/4563

http://www.lifeisaprayer.com/articles/computing/2011/removing-a-stuck-disc-cddvd -a

Dec 21, 2014 8:11 AM in response to Adelle Wendy

The Genius Bar at your local Apple Store puts their hands on these Macs and fixes problems like this all day every day. They are best at Physical and Power problems. There is no charge for your appointment for an evaluation, in warranty or out.

In general, if they can fix the problem in under 15 minutes without using parts they are likely to fix it for free, in warranty or out. If repairs are needed, they are almost always at flat rate (no surprises).

It could not be more different than visiting the car dealer, where the car dealer charges you for everything they can think of, whether you actually need it or not. Honestly, I think if the car dealers could charge you for breathing their air in the waiting room, they would.

i slipped in a small disc and my mac won't recognise it is in there and i cannot eject it. I have tried shutting down, restarting and holding the mouse but nothing is working, can anyone suggest anything else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.