Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logging in to the Google IMAP server “imap.gmail.com” failed. Make sure the user name and password you entered are correct, then click Continue. If the information isn’t correct, you cannot receive messages.

I am trying to add my gmail account and get the following error.

Logging in to the Google IMAP server “imap.gmail.com” failed. Make sure the user name and password you entered are correct, then click Continue. If the information isn’t correct, you cannot receive messages.

Password and email our correct…no idea what to do.

iMac

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 5:55 AM

8 replies

Dec 21, 2014 6:03 AM in response to DouglasKnauf

DouglasKnauf wrote:

I am trying to add my gmail account and get the following error.

Password and email our correct…no idea what to do.

The password/user name must be incorrect somehow. I have a G-mail (IMAP) account set up in the Mail application. I encountered no problem when I set it up.

Barry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.