Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I check closed captioning in mxf file?

I have just created an mxf file in compressor (with scc file inserted).

Is there any way I can check that the closed captions are there before I send it off?

Thanks

Sarah

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 9:18 AM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2015 8:47 AM in response to usarahk

Sarah

Im wondering the same thing. I've asked in a couple of places. QT7 ONLY shows the CC if it is on a QT format. 😠

How did you marry the .scc file to your mxf? Compressor 4? Did it work?

Please let me know. I am going to try cooking the .m4p with my .scc to a .mov. THEN export that to a MXF and hopefully the CC will still be embedded.

But I want to test it, like you, before I upload it to network (6 hours).

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2015 10:24 AM in response to Russ H

Russ I can tell you this.

Sony Vegas will do this. By comparing a known good married scc/mxf file with the one done in Sony Vegas with mediaInfo you can see the 2 Text streams: EIA-608 / EIA-708. The screen capture with Vegas in the file name is the one done with Sony Vegas.

Of course the only way to be sure is to send it to network OR find a flipping MXF player that will DISPLAY CLOSED CAPTIONS! Telestream I think has paid EVERYBODY OFF.

The pain with that is it only runs on Windows!!! ARG!User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

How can I check closed captioning in mxf file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.