Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to transfer music from iTunes on my computer to iPhone

Dears,

I am unable to transfer all the songs I have on iTunes (12.0.1.26) on my MacBook to iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.2). There's just a part of songs that transfer without a problem and these are the ones that I purchased through iTunes Store and what about the rest?! 😟 I have enough space on my phone to upload the songs from the computer. On iTunes, the option "sync with all the library" is on. I also removed all the songs and sync them again with the phone - I thought it would work. Unfortunately, it didn't.

Help, please?! 😟

Pauline.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 12:11 AM

Sync your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support read this article again. If you still can't transfer music from computer to iPhone, google iPhone Transfer software to sync your songs.

11 replies

Jan 31, 2015 11:08 PM in response to roaminggnome

I have the opposite problem. The only music that I can move from my Mac mini to my iPhone 5s is music I have uploaded to the computer with a cd. I can not move any music I purchased on iTunes. The only way I can get that music on my phone is by downloading from the cloud on my phone through the purchased tab in the iTunes store app on my phone. But by doing it that way I do not get the album artwork. This has been a HUGE pain the neck for me!!! I don't understand why I can't just manually click and drag music as I always have. When I click and drag music that I have bought in iTunes, it shows up on the device as grey out with a dotted circle on the left and doesnt show up at all on my iPhone. Does anyone have any advice?

Feb 6, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Pauliine

This problem started last year when ios 8 was released. I think apple is trying to force users to buy music on iTunes store and that's why it's impossible to sync other music and also that's the reason why they haven't solved this serious problem. That's really disappoints me and i'm angry with apple because i have like 10 gb of music in mp3 and i can't sync music from iTunes to my iPhone.

Aug 3, 2015 12:08 AM in response to Pauliine

If you cannot transfer music from iTunes on computer to iPhone directly, you can try other method, for example, using Dropbox. Sign up for a Dropbox account and free Dropbox accounts come with 2 GB of space to. If you have more music than that, you can pay for additional storage or try one of the other methods in this article.Install the Dropbox client on your computer.You can open the Dropbox folder by clicking the Dropbox icon in your System Tray or menu bar, and then clicking the Folder button.Wait for the music to upload.In addition, you should download the Dropbox app on your iPhone. Dropbox will stream any of the songs that you have stored on your Dropbox account as long as you have a network connection.

Aug 25, 2015 12:06 AM in response to Pauliine

You can transfer music from computer to iPhone via iTunes. The steps come from Apple Support.

Download iTunes > Add music > Connect your iPhone > Click in iTunes on your iPhone > Tab music > Check music you want > Sync.

But in this way, iTunes will automatically erase your iPhone music restored in Music and sync all music with iTunes.

If you don’t want to lose your existing music on iPhone, you need to go to iTunes > Click in iTunes on your iPhone > Go to Summary, go to the bottom of the window, tick “Manually manage music and videos”. Now you can transfer music from computer to iPhone by directly dragging them to iPhone interface.

Unable to transfer music from iTunes on my computer to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.