Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

number on iPhone 6 on the back, CE0682?

I just got my iPhone 6 silver 16GB and on the back of it I noticed it has these numbers and letters ''CE0682", what is that?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2017 3:12 PM

CE0682?

14 replies

Dec 21, 2014 3:52 PM in response to xXxCaLiDrEaMiNxXx

See the quotation below from http://www.whatsoniphone.com/blog/what-do-the-symbols-on-the-back-of-the-iphone- mean/

The CE symbol is called the CE mark. The letters CE have no meaning (anymore), but the CE mark stands for consumer safety within the European Union. Industrial goods must contain this marking which indicates that it is complying with EU rules for health & safety set out for consumers. The number behind the CE marking indicates the class of product the mark is on. In the case of your iPhone, this will be 0682 which means it’s a communication device and corresponds with the regulations set out for selling such a device within the EU. The circle with the exclamation point belongs to the mark as well and is called the CE alert mark, again indicating this device can be safely used by EU citizens.

Feb 12, 2015 1:02 PM in response to FoxFifth

I'm afraid that's wrong. The 4-digit number is a code number for the "Notified Body" within the EU who certified the product as being compliant with the relevant EU legislation and standards (on consumer safety, electromagnetic intereference and probably many more). The Notified Body is an independent, usually private, company or non-profit institution, who is accredited by the relevant government authority in their (EU) country as being competent to do the required type-testing and certification. It is a requirement of EU legislation that products that are obliged to meet EU standards (which covers many different kinds of consumer products) must display the CE mark, followed by the four digit code of the certifying Notified Body. Displaying the CE mark means that such products may be lawfully sold, without restriction or any further approval, in all EU member states. Notified Body number 0682 is Cetecom ICT Services GmbH in Saarbrucken, Germany. You can look up any Notified Body here: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/newapproach/nando/index.cfm?fuseaction=notifiedbo dy.main

number on iPhone 6 on the back, CE0682?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.