Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get photos to iMac from iCloud, all items are turn on in iCloud and contact info is the same

photos will not load on iMac from iCloud

iMac with Retina 5K display, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 4:35 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2016 12:38 AM in response to griff w

Griff w, the help article you cite is for My Photo Stream. It doesn't have anything to do with the problem. The problem many of us are having is that iCloud photos are not downloading to iMac. I don't have My Photo Stream turned on. I just want the Original Size photos to be in both places. When I try and manually download photos from iCloud they go into My Downloads and each one, hundreds, open up individually in quick view. I have to close each one manually then tell Photos to import all the photos from My downloads. They don't automatically delete upon import they way they do when you import from your iPhone. Some photos have lost time and date stamps while doing this process. This is supposed to happen automatically but hasn't started in days. I can't find a way to kick start the automatic downloading into Photos.

how to get photos to iMac from iCloud, all items are turn on in iCloud and contact info is the same

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.