Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Connect to App Store/Trouble Connecting iPod to PC

Im using a iPod 5th generation, been a while now when ever i clicks on App Store it never connects

Im also having trouble with Charging my iPod. When ever I connects it to my computer to sync it or to charge my iPod it pops up saying USB Device Not Recognized, Currently Charges my iPod with a cord and outlet in wall, Got to connect and disconnect it from iPod over and over before it will actually connect and start charging

Got an software Update there thats telling me Unavailable when i try to install, I'm assuming that might be where i cannot connect to App

Any help or advice would be great

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 4:16 PM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2014 1:18 AM in response to NewfieEGK

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

Update Server

Try:

- Powering off and then back on your router.

- iTunes for Windows: iTunes cannot contact the iPhone, iPad, or iPod software update server

- Change the DNS to either Google's or Open DNS servers

Public DNS — Google Developers

OpenDNS IP Addresses

- For one user uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes resolved the problem

- Try on another computer/network

- Wait if it is an Apple problem

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Cannot Connect to App Store/Trouble Connecting iPod to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.