Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I activate my iPhone 5S without cellular?

I have just upgraded to the iphone 6 and want to use my 5S for my daughter as an iPod Touch. I do not want her to have cellular access, just wifi. Is there a way to do this? My phone is actually brand new because the apple store had to replace my old one, long story. So it has never been activated. Originally I tried to activated without a sim card and that did not work so I got a sim card placed at the AT&T store. Now I can access wifi but cannot get any further.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 5:17 PM

13 replies

Feb 8, 2015 3:12 PM in response to Lyssa

I am trying to do the same thing. I have an iPhone 5S that I want to make an iPod for my son.

I erased all content on the phone because I'm trying set up the "family sharing" --> thinking I could "activate" it from iTunes. It still has the same AT&T sim card, and it successfully detects wireless, but when I connect to iTunes via my Mac, iTunes detects the phone but gives an error "Your request couldn't be processed."

Any advice?

How do I activate my iPhone 5S without cellular?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.