Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud Photo Library: batch download photos

How can I batch download photos from icloud.com/#photos to a folder on Windows 7?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 9:08 PM

29 replies

Jul 12, 2017 1:47 PM in response to Comashey

Not anymore. APPLE went out of its way to remove the 'select all' option so they can sell more storage. If holding people's photos hostage wasn't bad enough I just had the unpleasant experience of dealing with their incompetent tech support which has taken me from frustrated to completely nonplussed.

I explicitly and repeatedly stated that I was trying to download all of the photos currently in iCloud to my PC. The support tech took me through a bunch of nonsense steps and then had me download the iCloud for PC app which it turns out also DOES NOT allow you to download your existing pics en masse. What a waste of time! The icing on the cake was when this bozo tried to explain to me that backing up my iCloud pics to my computer was not actually called a backup and that I had used the wrong term. Look up the word 'backup' in the context of computing before correcting your customers, you hack!

Aug 14, 2017 8:23 AM in response to ronchicago2

I am having the same problem on a mac. If I go to icloud, I cannot shift click or draw a window around them to download them. There is no way I am downloading over 1000 photos individually.

Shame on you mac for making this harder than it used to be!

Also - the photos app on the laptop used to enable manual back up - now when I plug in my phone this is no longer the case. This is VERY disappointing and a manipulative way to get mac users to keep paying for increased online storage.

Dec 31, 2017 2:57 PM in response to Comashey

This no longer works in 2017, at least using the Chrome browser. There seems to have been a changed (Win10 + Chrome) in iCloud where CTRL/SHIFT keys with Left Click or even CTRL+A for Select All (standard windows command keys) doesn't work.

Selecting multiple using CTRL+Left Click still forces you to download 1 photo at a time in separate pop-up windows ... VERY inefficient Apple.

Apr 22, 2015 7:06 AM in response to JakeSherlock

I tried to do the same thing, download all my photo library but it's actually impossible to do it easily on PC.

So i just found someone with a macbook to use the "photos" application on his mac...

So yes, i hope they will implement something like a button to download a zip with all your photos on icloud.com

Or implement the photo library sync on PC in the icloud software

Aug 22, 2015 9:57 AM in response to Eagle_11

There is an easier way to download on a PC running Windows 7, but it brings down 2048x1536 images instead of the max, 3264x2448.(which the iphone 6 can take).

On your iphone/ipad go to Photos/Sharing and create a shared folder (share with yourself) of as many photos as you want to download. (There may be a max). Then on the PC, download iCloud for Windows and click on "iCloud Photos" in the Windows Explorer window. You will get a list of all folders you have shared - right button the new one you just made for this purpose and select "open folder location" - there will be all the photos you picked for sharing.

Apart from the size issue, above, the names of each jpg are long and strange, such as (01a5fad98f5b13d5d26ec75e112400756899f7545a). But the date the photos were each taken is there, as are all photos details - camera used, fstops, GPS etc. Video is mp4

ICloud Photo Library: batch download photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.