Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive not the same in Finder as on iCloud?

I know there have been previous posts about this issue; and I have read some of them ... but have not found the answer. I apologize if this question is redundant; but I would appreciate any help you can offer.

When I look at iCloud Drive on iCloud, I seem to have a complete set of folders; but I do not have all these folders in the Finder. Has anyone found a solution to cause the same folder setup available on iCloud to also appear in Finder? I had high hopes that iCloud Drive would work similarly to DropBox ... but so far, not so good.

(On a sidenote, I also use Path Finder; and I have more folders in the iCloud Drive folder there than in the Finder; but they still don't match those on iCloud. This is rather interesting in itself since Path Finder picks up the sidebar arrangement, etc. directly from Finder as far as I can tell. I even have some strange folders that show up in Path Finder when it picks up the iCloud Drive folder from the Finder that don't show up in either Finder or iCloud online. This is possibly a Path Finder issue OR an issue with Finder reporting to Path Finder ... so my question is not really concerning the Path Finder issues since I feel that if the Finder reported correctly, Path Finder would also. I only mention the Path Finder issues as a sidenote.)

Any comments, solutions, ideas, etc. will be MUCH appreciated. Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 16 gb RAM, 500 gb HD, 1680 x 1050

Posted on Dec 22, 2014 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2014 10:51 AM

The only folders that show up on the Mac in the Finder are those what have a file in them, i.e. the Pages folder won't show up on the Mac unless you save a Pages file to the iCloud. Pages will have a folder in the online iCloud whether or not there are any files in them.

User uploaded file

Check the contents of the folders online and only those containing files will show in the iCloud/Finder window.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2014 10:51 AM in response to Robb Chadwick

The only folders that show up on the Mac in the Finder are those what have a file in them, i.e. the Pages folder won't show up on the Mac unless you save a Pages file to the iCloud. Pages will have a folder in the online iCloud whether or not there are any files in them.

User uploaded file

Check the contents of the folders online and only those containing files will show in the iCloud/Finder window.

User uploaded file

May 27, 2015 7:29 AM in response to Old Toad

Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem for me either. I have several folders not showing up in iCloud drive on yosemite. I have tried turning iCloud off on my MBP, restarting, and then re-enabling iCloud, but that did not fix the issue. They all seem to be "app folders": Goodreader, PdfPen, etc. I even tried completely deleting one folder (Goodreader) in the respective apps and then on iCloud.com. I then re-enabled the folder, created files in the folder. They showed up on iCloud.com but not in Yosemite. This is driving me crazy. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Jun 25, 2015 11:02 AM in response to Robb Chadwick

I have many files in my iCloud Drive. I can see all of them when I log into iCloud on a web browser. On my iMac (running Yosemite 10.10.3), however, I see the iCloud Drive folder in my sidebar, but when I click on it it says there there are zero items in the Drive. Nothing shows up--no folders, no docs, nothing. I have checked to make sure iCloud Drive is enabled in my system preferences, that I have plenty of storage remaining, that all the appropriate ".app" boxes are checked (Pages, Keynote, etc.)--still nothing. Solution appreciated.

iCloud Drive not the same in Finder as on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.