Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Siri supposed to be working in iOS8?

I have Siri turned on. I have Hey Siri turned on. Siri does not respond to "Hey Siri." If I ask Siri a question by holding the home button, it displays the question, and then puts up some complete random answer like "I can't find any nearby restaurants," and does not speak it. What part, if any, of Siri is supposed to be functional in the current iOS? Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 2.6G i7

Posted on Dec 22, 2014 12:47 PM

8 replies

Dec 22, 2014 2:11 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

All of Siri is perfectly functional under iOS 8.1.2 on my iPhone and iPad Air. The "Hey, Siri" feature works especially well for me when my phone is in the dock by my bed.

What troubleshooting steps have you taken? Have you tried resetting your device by pressing and holding the Home button and power button until the apple appears? Have you tried resetting the network settings? Have you restored from a back up? Restored as new? Do you have a good data connection?

Is Siri supposed to be working in iOS8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.