Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove date and time from photos

How can I send a photo from either my camera roll or photo stream on my iphone without having the date and time stamped on it? I have even tried taking a picture with my own digital camera and importing it to my iphone to be sent to someone and it still shows a date and time.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 22, 2014 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2014 2:50 PM

What you need to get is an EXIF editor. I haven't used them on the phone itself but search the app store, you'll likely find something.

3 replies

Dec 22, 2014 2:36 PM in response to lisa122

Almost every Camera sold these days appends certain data to the photo. This includes date and time. But it also may include the location (if the camera has GPS functionality) and shooting data like the exposure, f stop, shutter speed, etc.

I don't know of any way to turn this off on the phone. But there are other photo apps, and perhaps other Camera apps that allow you to remove this information. I think PhotoGene does this but I'm not sure. Do a search of the App Store and see if there are apps that will meet your needs.

remove date and time from photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.