Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why when I skip a face in aperture it still stays unnamed in iPhoto?

I spent a lot of time going through about 8,000 photos in aperture and made sure that they were all named and that there were not any unnamed faces. I used both names and skip while editing the photos and am very happy with the result. When I open iPhoto, it says I have 5,000 unnamed photos. I thought they shared the same library?

iMac

Posted on Dec 22, 2014 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 12:57 AM

When I open iPhoto, it says I have 5,000 unnamed photos. I thought they shared the same library?

Skipping a face does not name it - it remains unnamed in Aperture. You can name it later. If you want to remove a face completely, so it will not show in iPhoto as unnamed, ctrl-click it in Aperture and use "not a face". Or, when you are seeing an unnamed faces frame, click the "x" in the upper left corner. That will remove the face from the unnamed faces.

User uploaded file

Yes, Aperture and iPhoto are sharing the same library format and can work with each others library. But that does not imply, that they will understand all tags the other application set. Not all features are implemented in each application. See this document for a exceptions:

Aperture 3.3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2014 12:57 AM in response to srimavster

When I open iPhoto, it says I have 5,000 unnamed photos. I thought they shared the same library?

Skipping a face does not name it - it remains unnamed in Aperture. You can name it later. If you want to remove a face completely, so it will not show in iPhoto as unnamed, ctrl-click it in Aperture and use "not a face". Or, when you are seeing an unnamed faces frame, click the "x" in the upper left corner. That will remove the face from the unnamed faces.

User uploaded file

Yes, Aperture and iPhoto are sharing the same library format and can work with each others library. But that does not imply, that they will understand all tags the other application set. Not all features are implemented in each application. See this document for a exceptions:

Aperture 3.3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture

Why when I skip a face in aperture it still stays unnamed in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.