Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find information about a Security Update that I was just notified was installed if the App Store Update section does not does not have any record of a recent security update?

I am running OS X 10.10.1. I just got a notification: "Security Update Installed - A new security update was installed on your Mac." The only option to respond to the notification is "Close". There is nothing about a recent security update in the App Store Update section. How would I go about getting information about this security update?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 22, 2014 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2014 7:17 PM

Here ya go.

About OS X NTP Security Update - Apple Support

26 replies

Dec 22, 2014 7:47 PM in response to stedman1

Thank you for letting me know which security update was just installed. I really appreciate that. I would still like to know, apart from posting a question in these forums. where would I go to find out what security update was just installed if there is not indication that any security update was installed in the Update section of the App Store?

Dec 22, 2014 8:21 PM in response to kahjot

Thank you kahjot. I like having security updates installed automatically, though I would like to be able to find out what was just installed without having to come to this forum. I thought that the App Store was supposed to keep track of what Mac App, OS, System and Security updates have been installed. In the App Store Help it says "App Store keeps track of updates for OS X and apps you purchased." I do not think that means that it secretly keeps track of updates. It certainly keeps a very clear list for me of every time that it updates the same Lexmark Printer Software Update which it updates daily, or sometimes twice daily if I'm not careful. But that perpetual update is a whole other story. Thanks again for your comment. It got me to thinking and I did change my preference for Apps, so that they will not automatically be installed by the App Store, but not of the OS or Security Updates.

Dec 23, 2014 6:35 AM in response to James Smutek

Last night after receiving a “Fly-In” message that a security update was installed on my system I contacted Apple Support. We spent an hour and a half trying to figure where the message came from and what update was installed. No mention of the auto update and there is no history in Apple’s files, the App Store and my version of OS X Yosemite never changed after this update. http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-updates-macs-without-asking-but-its-to-foil-hacke rs/#ftag=YHF65cbda0

How do I find information about a Security Update that I was just notified was installed if the App Store Update section does not does not have any record of a recent security update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.