Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 6th generation Nano won't stay connected to iTunes 12.0.1.26.

When plugged in to the usb, it will say "connected", then immediately disconnects and says, "OK to disconnect". If I close iTunes, it WILL mount to the desktop and stay connected. So, I can't sync it or add/remove music. Anyone know of a fix, or do I have to wait for an iTunes update?

iPod nano, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 6:21 AM

3 replies

Dec 24, 2014 8:48 AM in response to Brett L

Hi Brett,

Thanks for your reply. Funny timing actually as I JUST literally fixed it.

I have spent the past 24 hours trying EVERYTHING. I had gone through every step that was possible (some weren't possible as the iPod wouldn't show up in itunes for a restore) and nothing worked. Deleting iTunes, reinstalling Yosemite, Time Machine restores. Nothing.

The problem was with Yosemite 10.10.2. Without realizing it, I was still being seeded beta versions of Yosemite. After the public release of 10.10.1 I assumed I would stop receiving beta versions but that wasn't the case. So, I went to the app store and downloaded/reinstalled the public version of Yosemite that was released back in October, you can install it right over 10.10.2. I then un-enrolled myself from the Apple Beta seed program (https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll). After unenrolling, I applied all updates (which were public releases since I was not enrolled in the beta program any longer), restarted the computer, fired up iTunes, plugged in the Nano and bam, the iPod mounts as it should and I am able to sync again!

Hope this helps anyone else that may have this issue.

Dec 24, 2014 12:18 PM in response to ptchicago

It appears I am encountering this on 10.10.2 Beta too.

And to know that I had not installed the Yosemite beta version on the affected machine (a Mid-2011 Mac mini) until just this morning. Oops!

I tried to sync my 6th gen iPod nano this afternoon. Got the exact same behavior as described above: iPod sync screen cycles quickly to 'OK to disconnect', and does not appear in iTunes.

A drive icon appears momentarily on the Desktop (as per my settings) shortly after connecting the USB cable, but it disappears at the same time as the 'OK to disconnect' message and the iPod nano exits from the sync screen to the normal main menu.

iTunes 12.0.1.26

OS X 10.10.2 (14C81f)

My 6th generation Nano won't stay connected to iTunes 12.0.1.26.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.