Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone keeps crashing when I open an application that has sent or received a location, can someone help me with this?

Once I upgraded to iOS 8.1, my iPhone will crash an application whenever their is a location sent either by myself or by someone else. For instance, if a Check-in is made on Facebook and I go to open it, it will crash the application, or if I send my location via iMessage, it will crash the app and I can no longer message that person as it will continue to crash, so I need to removed the conversation all together and start a new one. I don't know why this keeps happening as I am fully updated. Does anyone have some advice on how to resolve this issue?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 7:10 AM

8 replies

Dec 24, 2014 7:19 AM in response to Brettskii89

Sounds like you need to do some basic user troubleshooting, starting with a reset:

Double-tap your home button and start swiping up on your app windows (the larger windows) to close them out completely. Once they're all closed out, hold down the home button and the power button together until the screen blacks out and the Apple logo shows up on the screen, then let go. This will reboot your phone and will not cause any data loss. Let me know how the phone behaves after this.

Dec 24, 2014 8:41 AM in response to Brettskii89

If it's only Facebook that is doing it, you do not need a new phone. Look under Settings > Privacy > and tap Location Services. Scroll down through your apps and make sure that Facebook is set to either "Always" or "While Using the App." I would also make sure that your Google Maps and Maps are set to the same just to make sure that your maps are OK in case that's what FB is using during those location statuses that are crashing.

Dec 24, 2014 9:22 AM in response to AmishCake

No, it's not only Facebook. the app where you send text messages will crash when I send my location, plus Foursquare, Instagram, Google Earth, and any of my other apps that have a map location service built into it. I really don't know why it's doing this. I have turned on all the apps that use location services to "Allow while in use" just to be safe, still want to crash and glitch.

My iPhone keeps crashing when I open an application that has sent or received a location, can someone help me with this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.