Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nice BNF - unable to authenticate

Hi,

Got a nice new IPAD air today and have been downloading a few apps. All seem to be working well except for the Nice BNF app. The problem I am having, ie "unable to authenticate" doesn't appear to be an unusual issue. Seems a lot of people have the same problem and it is also alluded to on the NICE site. The only solution I can find is to delete then reinstall which seems to work for some people but not all. Unfortunately, I am in the 'not all' group. Nothing seems to work.

Had no problems whatsoever with Android.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Maggie

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 11:51 AM

9 replies

Dec 23, 2014 12:53 PM in response to Maggieoh

Maggieoh wrote:

Hi,

Got a nice new IPAD air today and have been downloading a few apps. All seem to be working well except for the Nice BNF app. The problem I am having, ie "unable to authenticate" doesn't appear to be an unusual issue. Seems a lot of people have the same problem and it is also alluded to on the NICE site. The only solution I can find is to delete then reinstall which seems to work for some people but not all. Unfortunately, I am in the 'not all' group. Nothing seems to work.

Had no problems whatsoever with Android.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Maggie

This isn't an issue with your ipad/Apple or IOS, but an issue with the App especially if a lot of people are having the same issue.

Not sure what an Android has to do with anything.

Dec 23, 2014 1:45 PM in response to razmee209

Thanks for your reply razmee,

I'm inclined to think Apple could improve matters if only for the sheer numbers who post negative feedback. This app is invaluable to it's users and it may be useful to someone who, like me, planned on moving from Android to iPad for it's use to be aware of iPad issues. Android is not without it's problems either judging by their feedback but it's not nearly as bad as Apple's. I'm planning on feeding back to NICE too but I'm not hopeful since it's by no means a recent problem and not a lot has improved by the looks. Holding off on the Apple feedback until I know for sure. I've only just got the iPad.

Dec 23, 2014 2:02 PM in response to Maggieoh

The message you are getting would indicate a problem with their server, not Apple. I'm not sure how Apple could fix that.

If the app is that critical to you and they can't design a working iOS version your best choice would be to return to android. Could you share the scientific method you used to determine that Apple's problems were far worse than Apple's.

Dec 23, 2014 2:20 PM in response to deggie

deggie, I assume you mean Apple's problems were far worse than Android's?

I'm grateful for the advice but if you don't mind my saying, I'm getting a sense I have posted my woes onto an Apple shareholders board. Asking for a scientific evidence base on account of a comment I made through my own observations is a bit over the top. As I said, Android is not without it's problems but as far as I can see the feedback from Apple's use of the NICE app is IMO, worse. I did mention I have only just got the iPad today. It's my first foray into anything Apple other than my iPod so I make no claims to be an expert, hence my coming to these forums for advice.

I shall disappear and await a response from NICE.

Dec 23, 2014 2:23 PM in response to Maggieoh

Maggieoh wrote:

Thanks for your reply razmee,

I'm inclined to think Apple could improve matters if only for the sheer numbers who post negative feedback. This app is invaluable to it's users and it may be useful to someone who, like me, planned on moving from Android to iPad for it's use to be aware of iPad issues. Android is not without it's problems either judging by their feedback but it's not nearly as bad as Apple's. I'm planning on feeding back to NICE too but I'm not hopeful since it's by no means a recent problem and not a lot has improved by the looks. Holding off on the Apple feedback until I know for sure. I've only just got the iPad.

You mean post negative feedback to the app developer right?

Not sure if you understand that you're using a 3rd party app, nothing to do with Apple or your ipad.

Dec 23, 2014 3:07 PM in response to razmee209

razmee, I understand the feedback is for the benefit of app's developer but it's done through Apple's app store. Perhaps my misunderstanding lies in my belief that Apple approve/police apps in a way Android doesn't and in that respect I expected a little more of a combined effort. For me, it's simple - NICE app, Apple iPad. They should both want it to work.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll stick with the Android meantime.

Chris, thanks for the link. Doesn't look like there is a suitable community. I'll just have to find a way as I really want this app. I've sent my feedback so will take it from there.

Nice BNF - unable to authenticate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.