Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete data source in health

Has anyone found a way to delete a data source in the Health App? Here are the instructions from the iPhone help site:

Stop sharing data. Tap Sources at the bottom of the Health screen, then select the app in the Apps list. Or tap the associated parameter in your Dashboard or in the Health Data list, tap Share Data, then choose the app under Share Data With.

Which basically don't make sense to me. I can find a way to "turn it off" but not remove it.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2014 12:07 PM

Hi E the P,

I apologize, I am a bit unclear on exactly what you are looking to do, or there may be some confusion about Sources. As outlined below, Sources will list any third party apps or devices on your iPhone that are designed to work with or exchange data with the Health app. From that menu, you can then select which apps are allowed to share data, and what data specifically.

Use Health on your iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 8 - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2014 12:07 PM in response to E the P

Hi E the P,

I apologize, I am a bit unclear on exactly what you are looking to do, or there may be some confusion about Sources. As outlined below, Sources will list any third party apps or devices on your iPhone that are designed to work with or exchange data with the Health app. From that menu, you can then select which apps are allowed to share data, and what data specifically.

Regards,

- Brenden

Dec 24, 2014 1:43 PM in response to brenden dv

brenden dv wrote:

Hi E the P,

Regards,

- Brenden

Thanks for offering your help. I'm trying to resolve a data communication problem between my Jawbone UP app and the Health App. Since there doesn't appear to be a "reset" feature with the Health App, I was hoping to try to completely break the connection between the UP app and Health. I can "turn off" data exchange between the two, following the procedure you outlined, but the Health app still lists UP as a data source. I would like to find a way to remove that too (again, a better approach would be just wipe the Health App but I can't find a way to accomplish that). Un-installing the UP app just confused the Health App and now it lists the Jawbone source with some strange name com.aliphcom.Armstrong (making things worse). I tried to delete the data prior to uninstall, but the thinking wheel just kept spinning in the health App when I tried to display the step data.

All very strange.

Feb 19, 2015 9:28 AM in response to E the P

Hello, to disassociate the application from APP UP Health Apple need to do so: you have to re-install the APP and UP, tap the menu at the top left, then down on Help and Settings, you must authorize Health here to share data then you have to go on Privacy and Sharing and there deselect all entries sharing the steps to weight, food and sleep. Once you do this you have to go and you have THE APP Health disassociate access the app UP. Once this is done you can uninstall the APP UP managing to permanently disconnect the two applications.

Mar 1, 2015 2:36 PM in response to E the P

Thank you! I've uninstalled and reinstalled UP 3 times, uninstalled every other app that may use the UP data (like MapMyFitness), broke all connections from within the UP app, and this is the only thing left to try. I'd like to point out as well that the Health app still shows that apps that I uninstalled as sources, so it's clearly not as simple as just uninstalling and reinstalling a source app.

Delete data source in health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.