Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iN MY APPLE STORE UPDATE LISTING FOR THE LAST 30 DAYS IT DOES NOT LIST THE NEW FIRST SECURITY UPDATE BY APPLE THAT i SAW OCCURING LAST NIGHT. wHY IS THIS PLEASE?

iN MY APPLE STORE UPDATE LISTING FOR THE LAST 30 DAYS IT DOES NOT LIST THE NEW FIRST SECURITY UPDATE BY APPLE THAT i SAW OCCURING LAST NIGHT. wHY IS THIS PLEASE?

MacBook Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 1:12 PM

13 replies

Dec 23, 2014 6:46 PM in response to mk6

It does show in mine (Apple Menu > App Store > Updates). It also showed up there like other updates with an Update button when I happened to look this morning. Thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to happen automatically but I haven't had a chance to read that again. Maybe I just caught it before it had a chance.

Dec 24, 2014 3:11 AM in response to mk6

mk6,

It doesn't list mine in the App Stores last 30 days either. I believe it has to do with this being an automatically pushed update by Apple. You can see the Installation in the Installations log found in System Information.

Select  ( Menubar top left ) > About This Mac > On the window that pops up make sure "Overview" ( Tab ) is selected > Select "System Report..." > Select "Installations" on the left > You can see "OS X NTP Security Update" listed.

User uploaded file

More on the update here: About OS X NTP Security Update - Apple Support

You can also verify the ntpd version, quoted below from the linked article above.

To verify the ntpd version, type the following command in Terminal: what /usr/sbin/ntpd. This update includes the following versions:

• Mountain Lion: ntp-77.1.1
  • Mavericks: ntp-88.1.1
  • Yosemite: ntp-92.5.1

Hope that helps,

Weston

Dec 24, 2014 7:26 AM in response to mk6

mk6 wrote:

after the update is it still listed as a record that it happened?

Yes in mine it is listed (both before and after installation) like any other update in Apple Menu > App Store Updates. But that may be because I just happened to catch it at the right time and click the Update button to install it before it got a chance to auto install. That's just a guess. I wouldn't worry about it as long as it is listed where westongallagher said in the post above.

Dec 24, 2014 9:36 AM in response to mk6

In System Preferences > App Store, if you have the following checked, it will by-pass the App Store Update section and be directly pushed (and installed) on your Mac. The NTP Security update was a critical one, and should be installed by every user. However, you could uncheck the following, and it would appear as an update in the OS X App Store.

User uploaded file

Dec 24, 2014 3:07 PM in response to mk6

Myra,

Thank you for your kind words towards me!

As you gain points in the support forums community you level goes up and you gain privileges. I don't really do it for that reason though. I mainly do it because I like to help people, I get a kick out of puzzles, and I learn a lot browsing solved questions in the forums.

I'm really glad that I could contribute.

User uploaded file

Thanks Again,

Weston

https://discussions.apple.com/static/apple/tutorial/reputation.html

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.