Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Already tried FAQ, keep getting this message on iPhone and computer: iTunes could not connect to iTunes store. An unknown error occurred (11556)

Only happened after I got a new iPhone *(upgraded from 4 to 5c) and I downloaded the iOS 8.1.2 update.

I've already tried everything on the FAQ page for this error, and nothing's worked yet.

Error looks like this iTunes on my computer: iTunes could not connect to iTunes store. An unknown error occurred (11556)

Also won't connect on my iPhone after signing in.

Just changed my password so it's not that, and I've already restarted my iPhone twice.

PLEASE help. I just got an iPhone 5c and I want to download my old ring tones and alert tones!!!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 3:33 PM

2 replies

Dec 23, 2014 4:26 PM in response to TiffCompton

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - Apple Support

"Error 11556"

This alert occurs when iTunes is trying to do something not allowed by the iTunes Store in that country.

The most common example of this is trying to sign in while limited to iTunes U by Parental Controls.

For more information, see the steps from iTunes 9: "One Moment Please" or "Error (-50)" message when accessing iTunes Store.

Already tried FAQ, keep getting this message on iPhone and computer: iTunes could not connect to iTunes store. An unknown error occurred (11556)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.