Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine

System Log came up with this Warning suggesting Time Machine Running Very Slow. Question concerns me that I did not, have not used the time machine at this time? Any ideas what this might be related to? Present setting to SHARE are not allowed. User uploaded file

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 7:56 PM

5 replies

Jan 4, 2015 11:53 AM in response to Kappy

Know this a late response to the situation I described. A few more things to add to the results I suggested.

On opening the application, in application and not on the menu where I have it available. I get a first time set up and use indicated? Could this be a part of the set up I missed in both partioning the external HD (GUILD). It just that finding the kinds of calculations being created for the differences, in new and old appeared to be the biggest concern. Asking at times to back up the entire User results. As if this was a first time back up?

Jan 4, 2015 12:22 PM in response to Photofocuse

Using Disk Utility to partition the hard drive does not cause Time Machine to run. But if you open Time Machine for the first time ever, then you are asked at the onset to configure it or leave it disabled. It is likely that erasing a drive for the first time may cause Time Machine to ask if you wish to use that drive for a Time Machine backup device.

I don't know if this answers your query or not.

Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.