Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse problem Macbook air Yosemite

Hello

i have a problem with my magic mouse on my macbook Air after a while suddenly it slows down

i tried the mouse on my i-Mac no problem i tried the mouse off my i-Mac on my Macbook air same problem to slow

when i turned the wifi off on my Macbook it speeds up immediately. This all took place after installing Yosemite

is there a solution out there

I mac 2012-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Dec 24, 2014 1:50 AM

1 reply

Dec 25, 2014 7:58 AM in response to Green_Punch

Hello there, Green_Punch.

When troubleshooting issues with your Magic Mouse, the following Knowledge Base article provides a great resource of recommendations:

Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues - Apple Support

Particularly useful in your case:

Click the mouse

• Click the mouse once to reconnect it with your Mac. It may take a moment for the mouse to respond.
  • Check the battery level of the mouse. Choose System Preferences
    from the Apple (), then chooseMouse from the View menu. The battery level indicator is in the lower-left corner. Replace the batteries if they are low. Note: Choose Keyboard & Mouse from the View menu with Mac OS X v10.5. For more information on keyboard and mouse battery levels in Mac OS X v10.5, see Desktop computers: Troubleshooting wireless keyboard and mouse issues.
  • User uploaded file

Check for signal interference

• Wireless networks that operate on 2.4GHz may cause interference.
    • Move cordless phone base stations, microwave ovens, and other 2.4GHz electrical devices away from the Mac if you suspect interference.
    • Keep wireless devices within 10 meters (33 feet) of the Mac.
    • Avoid putting metal objects between the device and the Mac.

Mouse doesn't scroll up or down or side to side

• For mice that have a scroll ball, refer to How to clean your Mighty Mouse.
    • Check the Scrolling speed slide-control at the top, and make sure the “Scroll” checkbox is checked.
    • For scrolling side-to-side, make sure the application you’re using supports side-to-side scrolling.
    • Remember, scrolling is done with one finger, and navigating is done by swiping side-to-side with two fingers.
    • Navigating moves from page to page in a document or internet browser unlike scrolling.

Mouse does not track as expected (jittery, jumpy, slow, fast).

The Apple Wireless Mouse can be used on most smooth surfaces, however if tracking issues occur try these options:

• Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu, then choose Mouse from the View menu. Set the Tracking slider to adjust how fast the pointer moves as you move the mouse.
    • Try using a different surface to see if the tracking improves.
    • Turn the mouse over and inspect the sensor window. Use compressed air to gently clean the sensor window if dust or debris is present.
    • If multiple Bluetooth wireless devices are in use nearby, try turning them off one at a time to see if the issue improves. Bandwidth intensive devices could affect tracking.

Mouse buttons do not work as expected.

The Mouse preference pane allows users to customize the mouse features to meet their needs.

• Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu, then choose Mouse from the View menu. Set the Tracking slider to adjust how fast the pointer moves as you move the mouse.
    • Try using a different surface to see if the tracking improves.
    • Turn the mouse over and inspect the sensor window. Use compressed air to gently clean the sensor window if dust or debris is present.
    • If multiple Bluetooth wireless devices are in use nearby, try turning them off one at a time to see if the issue improves. Bandwidth intensive devices could affect tracking.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Magic Mouse problem Macbook air Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.