Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find friends

I recently got a new phone and the find friends app can no longer locate me. I have my new iPhone selected under "me" for which device to locate and i am Able to see my friends but they can't see me . I also have location services on and have tried redownloading the app. Anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Dec 24, 2014 8:45 AM

1 reply

Dec 25, 2014 9:12 AM in response to Evan517

Hello there, Even.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up in-depth list of steps for troubleshooting issues with connectivity when using the Find My Friends app:

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My Friends - Apple Support

Start with these initial recommendations:

• Make sure that you have the latest version of the Find My Friends app installed on your iOS device. If the app is up to date, try the steps for troubleshooting apps purchased from the App Store.
  • Make sure there aren't any current issues listed in System Status affecting Find My Friends.
  • Make sure the issue you're seeing isn't already covered in the Help menu. Find My Friends Help is available within the Find My Friends app.
    • Find My Friends 3.0 or later:
      • On an iPhone or iPod touch, tap Me, then tap Help.
      • On an iPad, tap the List button, tap Me, tap Info, then tap Help.
    • Find My Friends 2.1.1 or earlier: Tap the Me tab, tap Account, then tap Find My Friends Help.
  • If you're signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices (such as an iPhone and an iPad), confirm which of your devices is displayed to your followers:
      • On an iPhone or iPod touch, tap Me, then tap your active device under Share My Location From. This choice appears only when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.
      • On an iPad, tap the List button, tap Me, tap Info, then tap your active device under Share My Location From. This choice appears only when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.
    • Find My Friends 2.1.1 or earlier: Tap the Me tab, tap Account, then choose your active device. This choice appears only when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.
  • Quit and restart the Find My Friends app on your iOS device. Wait a minute before reopening the Find My Friends app.
  • If you don't have a passcode set on your iOS device, you will be prompted to enter your iCloud password every time you open Find My Friends and after 15 minutes of inactivity. You can set a passcode using Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode On to avoid having to enter your iCloud login information.
  • You can choose which email address to use when sending requests to friends:
      • On an iPhone or iPod touch, tap Me, then tap Send As.
      • On an iPad, tap the List button, tap Me, tap Info, then tap Send As.
    • Find My Friends 2.1.1 or earlier: Tap the Me tab, tap Account, tap Notifications, then tap Send As.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Find friends

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.