Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy SMS from second iPhone to MacBook

I have two iPhones, iPad, MacBook. One iPhone is connected to American operator (AT&T), second one - to Russian operator (Megafone). I receive SMS on both phones, and american one is configured to copy SMS messages to MacBook and iPad. I can't find how to configure iPhone with Russian operator to copy my SMS to MacBook. Is it possible? It runs iOS 6.1.6 (iPhone 3GS)

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Dec 24, 2014 5:01 PM

2 replies

Dec 26, 2014 6:27 AM in response to knopko

Hi knopko,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you would like your Megafone iPhone to relay the SMS messages it receives to your Apple computer Messages application. If this is the case, please use the attached for instructions on setting up this feature. If I have misunderstood the question, please let me know.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Cheers,

Joe

copy SMS from second iPhone to MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.