Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my air port drops off line, I have to reset it every time by unplugging it for 25 seconds or so and then plugging the power back in then it gets connected back online,

Why does my air port drops off line, I have to reset it every time by unplugging it for 25 seconds or so and then plugging the power back in then it gets connected back online,

Posted on Dec 24, 2014 3:45 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2014 6:16 AM in response to roderickfromgilbert

Hey roderickfromgilbert,

I understand that you are having an issue with your home Wi-Fi from your AirPort base station. If you are continuing to experience this issue even after a power cycle, you may want to reset your AirPort. There are three types of reset, which are explained in depth in the following article:

Resetting an AirPort base station FAQ - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT3728

Depending on the situation, you will need to choose one of the following reset types:

• Soft reset: Resets the device password and disables security for five minutes so that you can join the network to make changes.
  • Hard reset: Resets the base station back to an unconfigured state, but retains the last saved configuration and any profiles so you can restore your base station from previous settings.
  • Factory default reset: The same as a hard reset but also removes any saved configurations or profiles.

You may also want to use a tool on your computer called Wireless Diagnostics to help you determine the root cause of the issue you are seeing:

About Wireless Diagnostics - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202663

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.