Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't all my music appear in iTunes?

I just purchased an iPod Shuffle and installed iTunes 12 on my Windows 8 machine. I haven't used iTunes in years. I have all of my music stored under the main Music folder of Windows, and then stored within a folder for each artist. When I installed iTunes, I thought all of the songs appeared in the "My Music" option of iTunes. However, upon looking at the results, I'm missing hundreds (if not thousands) of songs in iTunes. If I find the song on my hard drive and "Open With..." iTunes, it appears under the "My Music" menu.

So, how do I get all my songs to appear under "My Music" without having to individually click on each one to add them to iTunes?

iPod shuffle, Windows 8

Posted on Dec 24, 2014 5:00 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2014 6:23 AM in response to Macleod518

Hello Macleod518,

From your post I see that you have songs on your computer that have not yet been imported to iTunes. You can import entire folders or directories at once, eliminating the need to import each song one at a time. To learn more about importing into iTunes, please see the article linked to below.

Adding music and other content to iTunes - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

Why doesn't all my music appear in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.