Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Issue

I created my apple ID in Hong Kong long time ago. Right now I return back to Canada and use the same ID for apps store. But it keep show HK apps & HK price. I have already update my Canada address, credit card instead. Please advice how to change the register location to new.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 24, 2014 7:57 PM

2 replies

Dec 24, 2014 8:55 PM in response to plai_2000

It seems that your location is not stored with your Apple ID but by a cookie from the iTunes/AppStore website that persists until you take action to change it.

For instance, I changed my location to Hong Kong [English] and navigated to a game picked at random

https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/deer-hunter-2014/id583222866?mt=8

the prices are in HK$

at the bottom right of every page there is a country 'Flag Button' (like a campaign button) - here is an example of HK

User uploaded file

Tap that FlagButton and choose Canada on the resulting page

If I navigate back to the same game

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/deer-hunter-2014/id583222866?mt=8

the prices are now in $ (Canadian is 'implied')

You can tell that you are in the right country by the URL location =

... apple.com/ca <-

instead of

... apple.com/hk <-

AND of course, the FlagButton bottom right of every page

User uploaded file

Happy Christmas

ÇÇÇ

Dec 24, 2014 9:10 PM in response to plai_2000

plai_2000 wrote:

I assumed that when you said

I have already update my Canada address, credit card

"that you had already followed the Change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account - Apple Support

this document shows both iDevices and computers -- at the very end there is

Get help

Find out what to do if you can't change your country or region. <= this does NOT appear to address the issue you describe

Apple ID Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.