Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is "Show Package Contents"

I've update my osx into yosemite. Now i want to view application package contents. In earlier version of osx there was a option name "show package contents". But now when i right click on application there has no "show package contents" option.
now how to view the package contents??

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 24, 2014 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2016 9:50 AM

I downloaded an installer package (.pkg) that was not showing a right click package contents option. It turns out the contents were compressed. I didn't know about TextWrangler's Disk Browser utility but it didn't work in this case (the file didn't show up in the listing). Pacifist was able to revel the contents.

There's was a clue it was a compressed package. One of the right click > Open With options was for a file decompression utility I have installed (The Unarchiver).

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2016 9:50 AM in response to MountainGypsy

I downloaded an installer package (.pkg) that was not showing a right click package contents option. It turns out the contents were compressed. I didn't know about TextWrangler's Disk Browser utility but it didn't work in this case (the file didn't show up in the listing). Pacifist was able to revel the contents.

There's was a clue it was a compressed package. One of the right click > Open With options was for a file decompression utility I have installed (The Unarchiver).

Aug 20, 2015 5:34 AM in response to MrBillP

Hi Mr.BillP

I have the same problem of what you had, Couldn't find Show Package contents, and after I read this tread I have also tried using Pacific but wasn't able to find Contents, Can you please help me ow you did it with DW. I am not expert on mac have always used windows was much easier for me and now am in the middle of no where. Please Please please HELPPPP.

Thank you for your time.

Where is "Show Package Contents"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.