Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No contacts after restoring from backup from iphone 5 to iphone 6

No contacts after restoring from backup iphone 5 to iphone 6

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 8:10 AM

2 replies

Dec 26, 2014 9:54 AM in response to emeca

Hi emeca,

I'm sorry, I'm a bit unclear on your exact configuration. Depending on how you have your iPhone configured and how you backed it up, Contacts may or may not be backed up. For example, with iCloud backups:

What iCloud backs up

You have important information on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. iCloud automatically backs up your device over Wi-Fi every day while it’s turned on, locked, and connected to a power source. With your device information backed up in iCloud, you can easily set up a new device or restore information on one you already have.

Here’s what iCloud backs up:

• Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books

Your iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article What can I buy from the iTunes Store in my country?.

• Photos and videos on your iOS devices

• Device settings

• App data

• Home screen and app organization

• iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages

• Ringtones

• Visual Voicemail

Your iOS device backup only includes data and settings stored on your device.

It doesn’t include data already stored in iCloud, for example contacts, calendars, bookmarks, mail messages, notes, shared photo albums, iCloud Photo Library beta, My Photo Stream, and documents you save in iCloud using iOS apps and Mac apps.

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Regards,

- Brenden

Dec 26, 2014 10:46 AM in response to brenden dv

Sorry for posting here...

Dear Apple,

I have started using iPhone since 2011. This is the first time I’m really felt hurting because of your official online partner Infibeam.com.

So now the deal is I have lost the respect and the love on apple phone and it is hard to bear. So kindly prove that you are loyal to your customer and compensate me.

Reason for the frustration and pain:

(Mistake belong to both retailer and me but the loss is only for me - its unfair)

I have placed an order for iPhone 6 plus silver on GOSF 2014 offer. I have seen the link for buyback T&C. I believed that if the buyback is mandatory then the order wont been placed, and this is what my assumption. Yes the order has been placed. And the money has been deducted from my credit card.

I haven’t got any call regarding the delivery so I have called the customer care for the colour. This time I have asked them to change the silver colour order to gold colour order. Even in the call also they didn’t ask or verified about my acceptance on buyback offer. So I have believed 100% that I will enjoy the iPhone 6 plus. I started dreaming that I will get a phone on flesh soon.

The promised delivery date has been passed and still the phone has not been delivered. So I have called the customer care to know more about the delivery date. This is the time they have started explaining about the buyback offer and they said the phone which having not in the list of buyback offer and they refuse to offer me the phone and they refund the money.

So now the deal is I have lost the respect and the love on apple iPhone and it is hard to bear. So kindly prove that you are loyal to your customer and compensate me.

I believe that apple will hear my plea and compensate me to be a apple customer again.

My infibeam.com order number: 14041356

My contact number: +91 9884955280

Thanks and Regards

Naveen

No contacts after restoring from backup from iphone 5 to iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.