Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay is Missing: I have a iPhone 6 Plus and AirPlay is Missing. Updated to 8.1.2, reset network settings, Connected to the same wifi, rebooted, Please Help

AirPlay is missing. I called my brother and he has it on his. We have the same phone. Not a happy camp!

I followed this below.

Try these steps first

• Verify that your iOS device's software is up to date.
  • Verify your Apple TV's software is up to date.
  • Verify that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your iOS device and turn on Wi-Fi.
  • Connect all AirPlay-enabled devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
    Go to Settings > General > Networkon your Apple TV to see which Wi-Fi network it's connected to. On your iOS device, tap Settings > Wi-Fi and confirm it's on the same network as your Apple TV.
  • With peer-to-peer AirPlay, an iOS device can stream to Apple TV without first joining the same Wi-Fi network. Find out if your iOS device can use peer-to-peer AirPlay.

If the AirPlay icon doesn't appear

Ensure that you have followed the steps in using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring.If you are still unable to see the AirPlay icon User uploaded file, try one of these steps:

• If trying to AirPlay, or AirPlay mirror, to your Apple TV, ensure that AirPlay is enabled on your Apple TV as well. You can enable or disable AirPlay on Apple TV in the AirPlay menu: Settings > AirPlay.
  • Check Internet or network connectivity on all affected devices.

Some content requires an Internet connection to authorize content playback. AirPlay capabilities may be limited if your network is not connected to the Internet.

• If attempting to use AirPlay from a third-party app or a website from your Safari app on your iOS device, confirm that the app or website is AirPlay compatible (refer to the developers of the app or website for additional information).

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2, AirPlay Missing

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 10:07 AM

Got the same problem.

Both my iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 6 with iOS 8.3 connect to the Apple TV via Bluetooth (the AirPlay option appears in the Command Centre) but the option for AirPlay is missing.

Have you had any luck with it yet?

2 replies

AirPlay is Missing: I have a iPhone 6 Plus and AirPlay is Missing. Updated to 8.1.2, reset network settings, Connected to the same wifi, rebooted, Please Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.