Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

texts not working on new iPad mini3

RReceived a new i

ad mini 3 and set up as new as I did not want all the apps from the cloud and now my text mags do not work on it. All contacts show as not verified. What do I need to do to have them work and handshake with my iphone

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 11:33 AM

Howdy WHUTTH,

When you say you want your iPad to "work and handshake with my iphone" it sounds like you want to link the phone number to it.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

On iOS devices, find out which addresses are enabled with FaceTime and iMessage by tapping:

• Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You can be reached by iMessage at:
  • Settings > FaceTime > You can be reached by FaceTime at:

Is that what you need?

Nubz

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2014 11:33 AM in response to WHUTTH

Howdy WHUTTH,

When you say you want your iPad to "work and handshake with my iphone" it sounds like you want to link the phone number to it.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

On iOS devices, find out which addresses are enabled with FaceTime and iMessage by tapping:

• Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You can be reached by iMessage at:
  • Settings > FaceTime > You can be reached by FaceTime at:

Is that what you need?

Nubz

Dec 27, 2014 6:28 AM in response to WHUTTH

Hi WHUTTH,

I wonder if some of your contacts are not using iMessage and need to chat with SMS. If so you need to use Continuity.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Take care,

Nubz

texts not working on new iPad mini3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.