Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop blocking of downloading files from any other than the Apple Store?

I want to download an MP3 file from other than the Apple Store but it says I can't because I am banned from getting them from any other sites. How can I stop this?

And by the way, since there's no longer a Search Field at the Apple Store or iTunes HOW do you find a album you want?

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10), Comcast broadband, TM, HP printer

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 12:13 PM

5 replies

Dec 25, 2014 4:26 PM in response to John Sunier

An MP3 should open in iTunes. However, if you want to run applications that don't come from the App Store, change the setting in the General tab of the Security & Privacy preference pane to Mac App Store and identified developers.

You will still get an alert the first time you run an application that is not from a developer registered with Apple. If you choose to ignore that warning—at your own risk—right-click the app icon and select Open from the popup menu.

How to stop blocking of downloading files from any other than the Apple Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.