Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhoto won't let me close it because it says that its still importing pictures even though I cancelled it and unplugged my phone from the computer

iPhoto won't close because its importing even after it was cancelled and iphone was unplugged

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 1:33 PM

Apple menu ==> force quit - or force quit from the Activity monitor - or hold down the option and command keys and press "esc" and force quit

LN

3 replies

Dec 25, 2014 1:35 PM in response to stilesdavis

Use "Force Quit" from the -menu to force quit iPhoto, and then launch iPhoto again. Has it stopped importing? If not,

Select the iPhoto Library in the Finder. By default it is in your Pictures folder.

• Ctrl-click or right-click the iPhoto lIbrary. Select "Show package contents" from the panel, that will pop up.
  • Look for a folder named "Importing" or "Import". Remove this folder, but don't touch anything else.

Then launch iPhoto again.

If iPhoto now is working again, check the folder you removed, if there are any photos that you want to keep and save them.

my iPhoto won't let me close it because it says that its still importing pictures even though I cancelled it and unplugged my phone from the computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.