Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right Click in Chrome browser

I've just installed Yosemite, and having some problems with the right click / secondary click.

It's enabled in settings - two fingers tab right clicks - and it works in any other program but the browser Google Chrome it seams.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? Or what I could to to fix this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 (64-bit

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 2:20 PM

5 replies

Dec 25, 2014 2:35 PM in response to CellarDwellr

Yes. But I've used the same extention previously on Snow Leopard without issues.

And now I've tried using Chrome in incognito mode (without extensions) and I'm having the same problems. The right click isn't working.

Sometimes when I two-finger-tap long enough it appears. But it often takes 10+ taps, so I would agree it feels like some kind of conflict.

Any more suggestions? I'll try disabling/removing all the extensions in the meantime...

Dec 25, 2014 2:49 PM in response to CellarDwellr

The extension i've got for Google Chrome browser is: crxMouse Chrome Gestures2.7.9

(I hardly have any applications installed in OS X. I think I've only got Chrome and VLC that doesn't come with Yosemite.)

EDIT: THAT WAS IT!! I disabled the extension and the right click now works as it supposed to.

Thanks a thousand for the suggestion!

And I'm sorry I didn't figure that one out myself. But I've previously used crxMouse on Snow Leopard without any problems.

Dec 25, 2014 2:49 PM in response to SirMille123

Yes. But I've used the same extention previously on Snow Leopard without issues.

This doesn't mean anything. Snow Leopard is OS X 10.6.x and Yosemite is OS X 10.10.x Since 10.6.x a lot of things have changed that could explain why the extention is causing issues.

I am not saying crxMouse Chrome Gestures is rubbish, by the way, but you will have to uninstall this extension to know if that causes your problem or not.

Right Click in Chrome browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.