Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to sync photos to my iPhone 6

I'm trying to sync some photos (41) to my iPhone 6 from iTunes. It's been stuck on step 5, "waiting for items to copy", for more than an hour. Is it just being slow or is there something else I need to do?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), null

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 3:47 PM

Please take each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resolved. Back up all data before making any changes.

1. Turn off and restart the mobile device.

2. If the device is connected via USB, connect it to a built-in port on the computer, not to a hub. If it's already connected to a built-in port, try a different one. Also try a different cable, if you have one. You can also try to sync over Wi-Fi.

3. Delete the iPod Photo Cache. Quit and relaunch iTunes.

4. Check the names of all albums and slideshows in iPhoto. The names should contain only plain letters and digits, not any punctuation marks or other characters. Rename them if necessary.

5. Remove the soundtrack from any iPhoto slideshows that have one. If sync now works, you may be able to restore the soundtracks.

6. Repair or rebuild the iPhoto library. Be sure to back it up first.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2014 3:47 PM in response to laurlongworth

Please take each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resolved. Back up all data before making any changes.

1. Turn off and restart the mobile device.

2. If the device is connected via USB, connect it to a built-in port on the computer, not to a hub. If it's already connected to a built-in port, try a different one. Also try a different cable, if you have one. You can also try to sync over Wi-Fi.

3. Delete the iPod Photo Cache. Quit and relaunch iTunes.

4. Check the names of all albums and slideshows in iPhoto. The names should contain only plain letters and digits, not any punctuation marks or other characters. Rename them if necessary.

5. Remove the soundtrack from any iPhoto slideshows that have one. If sync now works, you may be able to restore the soundtracks.

6. Repair or rebuild the iPhoto library. Be sure to back it up first.

trying to sync photos to my iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.