Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i upgrade my macbook 13" aluminum 2008

I have a mackbook OSX yosemite version 10.10.1 purchased in 2008. Processor 2Gh, intel core 2duo, Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

I want to upgrade it to Memory RAM 8GB and more hard drive space. Can this computer be upgraded?

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), window PC

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 7:40 PM

Yes, you can do both of those upgrades. Go to crucial.com & download their memory scanner tool; it will show you your upgrade options. They may show that you can only go up to 4GB of RAM but you can go to 8GB. Purchase RAM from crucial.com or OWC (macsales.com). You can purchase whatever hard drive you wish, but would be better off buying one from OWC also as they specialize in Mac products.

Do you have your data backed up via Time Machine? If so, you should be able to simply install the new hard drive & restore from a backup.

You can get instructions for replacing these things at ifixit.com.

~Lyssa

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2014 7:40 PM in response to annafromapo

Yes, you can do both of those upgrades. Go to crucial.com & download their memory scanner tool; it will show you your upgrade options. They may show that you can only go up to 4GB of RAM but you can go to 8GB. Purchase RAM from crucial.com or OWC (macsales.com). You can purchase whatever hard drive you wish, but would be better off buying one from OWC also as they specialize in Mac products.

Do you have your data backed up via Time Machine? If so, you should be able to simply install the new hard drive & restore from a backup.

You can get instructions for replacing these things at ifixit.com.

~Lyssa

can i upgrade my macbook 13" aluminum 2008

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.