Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iphone says i have more pictures than i actually do?

I have an iPhone 5s 16GB iOS 8.1.1. My problem is that when I connect my iphone to my computer and check itunes it says that my photo sections is consuming 2,63 GB and that I have 635 photos, but when I check my phone, it only shows 20 photos, and it really bothers me to know that it is consuming more space than what it should really be using. I've searched everywhere = no solution. I really want to fix this and find where are those other pictures that are consuming my space.

Any help?

Thank you for reading.

Barbara

- iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 9:35 PM

4 replies

Mar 5, 2015 9:39 AM in response to barbaragamar

I managed to get rid of the phantom usage. Restoring iPhone and resetting the phone settings/data do not work for me.

I had to move the Date on my phone earlier by 1,2,3 months and found the phantom photos in the Recently Deleted Folder. Next, I deleted the photos manually from the Recently Deleted Folder and the usage got freed up from my iPhone.

Hope this works for you

Why does my iphone says i have more pictures than i actually do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.