Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Message between devices

I have checked all my settings on the iPad 2, the iPhone 6, and the late 2012 imac with Yosemite. They all match but some come in on one place or the other and don't sync. What might I be missing here. I have the .me acct checked on all three, the same mobile number. I miss messages because I forget to check one or the other.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 9:16 AM

Hi George,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the SMS feature of Continuity between your devices. It sounds like you have been on the right track in your troubleshooting. In addition to checking the Reached By settings, you may also want to check the Text Message Forwarding settings as outlined in the following article:

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

You may also find the troubleshooting steps in this article useful:

Get help using Continuity with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite - Apple Support

If you are still having issues with intermittent missed messages, you may want to see if you can determine a pattern to them (SMS, MMS, or iMessage messages, which devices get it, which don't, etc).

Regards,

- Brenden

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2014 9:16 AM in response to George Chapman

Hi George,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the SMS feature of Continuity between your devices. It sounds like you have been on the right track in your troubleshooting. In addition to checking the Reached By settings, you may also want to check the Text Message Forwarding settings as outlined in the following article:

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

You may also find the troubleshooting steps in this article useful:

Get help using Continuity with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite - Apple Support

If you are still having issues with intermittent missed messages, you may want to see if you can determine a pattern to them (SMS, MMS, or iMessage messages, which devices get it, which don't, etc).

Regards,

- Brenden

Nov 10, 2015 3:09 AM in response to George Chapman

Hello dear users of apple products!

My question is regarding the same problem here, but in another way. I have seen that on your last "wonderful" update, we have the new feature to sync messages and calls between these devices. As it writes in the feature description "Use your iPhone mobile connection to make and receive calls on devices signed in to your iCloud account when they are NEARBY and on Wi-Fi."

I have two iPhones 5s, both logged in with the same account. They both have disabled, both, sms sync and calls sync. Regardless of that, these two phones are sync-ing both sms and calls when are connected to internet, REGARDLESS that the distance between the phones is ~60 f*****g miles!

Can you please explain that, and tell me how on earth can I connect to internet without my mother to see all my calls and messages?!

Sync Message between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.