Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't set up AirPort Time Capsule

Hi,

I just bought a AirPort Time Capsule. I can't set it up. The amber light keep flashing. A message "An unexpected error occurred. Try again" show up from AirPort Utility. It also indicates no configured AirPort base stations have been found.

I am not sure what I did wrong. I connected a cable modem to the ethernet WAN, then I connected the power cord.

Please advice!

Many thanks in advance!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 12:54 PM

Hello Angelhomework,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

My experience is that Airport Base Station setups usually go wrong because of a missed step or a step out of order. I would suggest the following two articles. The first to reset the Base Station to factory default and the second to set it up by the steps.

Resetting an AirPort base station FAQ - Apple Support

AirPort Utility 6.x: Set up a new AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule

Regards,

Jeff D.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2014 12:54 PM in response to Angelhomework

Hello Angelhomework,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

My experience is that Airport Base Station setups usually go wrong because of a missed step or a step out of order. I would suggest the following two articles. The first to reset the Base Station to factory default and the second to set it up by the steps.

Resetting an AirPort base station FAQ - Apple Support

AirPort Utility 6.x: Set up a new AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule

Regards,

Jeff D.

Jan 3, 2015 3:58 PM in response to jeffd55

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for reply my question, I believed setup the time capsule following the steps and without missed steps or out of order. The amber light kept flashing for hours. So I left it as such without touching anymore. When I came back, it turned to green light by itself and connected to internet. So, I don't what happened, but its is working fine at the moment.

Regards,

On Ki

I can't set up AirPort Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.