Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain set up - phone number not valid

TThe set upwizard keeps telling me the valid phone number I submit is not valid to receive SMS

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 1:37 AM

Is the phone number you submit the phone number of one of your mobile devices? You can't use landline or web-based (VOIP) phone services for two-step verification.

See the FAQ: Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204152

Which SMS numbers should I verify for my account?

You're required to verify at least one SMS-capable phone number for your account. You should consider verifying all SMS-capable phone numbers that you normally use with your iPhone or another mobile phone. You should also consider verifying an SMS-capable phone number used by someone close to you, such as a spouse or other family member. You can use this number if you're temporarily without access to your own devices.

Note: You can't use landline or web-based (VOIP) phone services for two-step verification.

Also, check the list of countries at the end of theFAQ , if two-step verification ids supported in your county.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2014 1:37 AM in response to afia

Is the phone number you submit the phone number of one of your mobile devices? You can't use landline or web-based (VOIP) phone services for two-step verification.

See the FAQ: Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204152

Which SMS numbers should I verify for my account?

You're required to verify at least one SMS-capable phone number for your account. You should consider verifying all SMS-capable phone numbers that you normally use with your iPhone or another mobile phone. You should also consider verifying an SMS-capable phone number used by someone close to you, such as a spouse or other family member. You can use this number if you're temporarily without access to your own devices.

Note: You can't use landline or web-based (VOIP) phone services for two-step verification.

Also, check the list of countries at the end of theFAQ , if two-step verification ids supported in your county.

Keychain set up - phone number not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.