Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie failing to update older projects and events on external hard drive.

I've made sure my iMovie events and iMovie projects files are on the top level of my external hard drive, however iMovie says, "iMovie could not find any events or project files to update" please help.

I only recently updated my computer to OSX 10.10.1 ; before that, I was using OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. Not sure if that has any effect on this topic.
Here are my specs:

Type: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Pretty sure graphics and serial dont matter so I wont put it in.

But yea, I've been trying to figure out what's going on for a few days and have had no result.
This problem's really hindering my progress for a film I'm making and iMovie is getting more and more frustrating to use as it develops.
I hope somebody be able to help me asap.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 2:48 AM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2015 7:35 PM in response to ItsCheif

If you want to try and start over with the iMovie 10 "Update Projects and Events...", remove the "UpdatedToiMovie10" file in both the iMove Events and iMovie Projects folders (the older folders). Then open iMovie 10 and reselect "Update Projects and Events...". My expectation is that you will experience the same missing events problem I have, caused by changing the clip date and time in the previous version of iMovie (9). It's a bug that persists through iMovie 10.0.8 (just released a few days ago). Really really wish Apple could fix this.

iMovie failing to update older projects and events on external hard drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.