Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After answering my security questions incorrectly many times, will my Apple ID account ever unlock on its own?

I couldn't remember the answers to my security question and tried to answer them too many times so my Apple ID locked...

Will it ever unlock or do I have to call someone?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 7:32 AM

2 replies

Dec 26, 2014 8:15 AM in response to sonorahm

If you've disabled your account then you might be able to re-enable it via this page : http://appleid.apple.com, then 'reset your password'

You might then need to log out of your account on any iOS devices that you have by tapping on your id in Settings > iTunes & App Store (Settings > Store on iOS 5 and below) and then log back in so as to 'refresh' the account on them.

For your security questions, if you have a rescue email address on your account (an alternate email address is different) then you can use that to reset them : If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions.

If you don't have a rescue email address (you won't be able to add one until you can answer your questions) then you will have to contact Support in your country to get the questions reset - which is likely to be by phone as they need to confirm your id and that it's your account. They should also be able to re-enable your account if you can't do so via the above.

Contacting Apple about account security : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

If your country isn't on that page then try this form and explain and see what they reply with : https://ssl.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

When they've been reset, and if you don't already have a rescue email address, you can then add one for potential future use : Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Or if it's available in your country you could change to 2-step verification : Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

After answering my security questions incorrectly many times, will my Apple ID account ever unlock on its own?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.