Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Events deleted on Google Calendar still showing up on iPhone

Phone: 5S

Calendar: Only Google (i do not use iCloud)

I've been using Gmail for my email and calendar for years with no problem. Starting a couple days ago, I noticed that events that get deleted from Google Calendar still show up on my Calendar on my iPhone.

I have deleted my @gmail account from my phone and my Calendar shows no entries (this is expected).

I add my @gmail account back onto my phone and my Calendar shows events that are on my Google calendar (this is expected) AND events that used to be on my Google calendar but have been deleted (not expected).

Any suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 11:30 AM

4 replies

Jul 19, 2016 7:58 AM in response to LalitKanteti

I disabled and re-enabled calendar in my settings in accounts and my deleted events did not all disappear.

The ones that show up when they shouldn't seem to be exception events. That is, maybe I have a weekly meeting, but it gets canceled this week. When I say "delete this event only" on Google Calendar, this week's meeting will go away from Gcal, but it does not disappear from Apple's calendar (on my desktop and on my iOS devices).

Events deleted on Google Calendar still showing up on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.