Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find out what apps are associated with Apple ID

I have my own personal iTunes account I use to make app purchases for my iPhone. I also have my own personal iCloud account for back ups. I have had an iPhone for three years. When I first purchased it I must have used my ex-husband's (then we were married) Apple ID to download apps when I first purchased an iPhone.

I upgraded to an iPhone 6 and am restoring from the iCloud back up associated with my own Apple ID (NOT his). It is asking me for the password associated with his in order to download some of the apps I purchased three years ago (I guess that's why anyway).

When I look at my iCloud and iTunes info in Settings on the phone BOTH of them are set up with my Apple ID (NOT his).

Is it possible to somehow figure out which apps are associated with his ID so I can delete them? And how will I get the phone and iTunes to forget his account forever when it's not even logged in as him?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 7:20 AM

Hey TheRealSkyy,

Congratulations on getting your new iPhone 6. You can determine which of the apps were purchased under your Apple ID by using iTunes. Any remaining apps would be ones from his Apple ID, unless of course there is a another souce. See this article for how to do this -

See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2014 7:20 AM in response to TheRealSkyy

Hey TheRealSkyy,

Congratulations on getting your new iPhone 6. You can determine which of the apps were purchased under your Apple ID by using iTunes. Any remaining apps would be ones from his Apple ID, unless of course there is a another souce. See this article for how to do this -

See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

Find out what apps are associated with Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.