Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waiting for changes to be applied solution

I have tried everything possible to resolve this annoying issue. I have been in communication with two different Apple Techs and they have not been able to figure it out. Lately, I notice that what has work for me is the following two things:

1. Solution One:

• iPhone Settings: Clear all the Apps from running on the iPhone, put iPhone in Airplane Mode, and restart the iPhone.
  • iMac Settings: Restart iTunes and plug in the iPhone back in. Do not change any setting otherwise the it will not work.

2. Solution Two:

• iPhone Settings: Go to Settings / General / Reset iPhone. Make sure that iTunes settings such as songs, apps and photos are already in place because if you try to do it while is syncing it will not complete.
  • iMac Settings: Go into the iTunes library and make sure that purchased songs are categorize properly. (Personally I believe that iTune Library is corrupting files and put putting them into the iPhone or vise versa because when I sync is complete I noticed that the iPhone has some song or entire albums appear under a different Genre for example: Hip-Hop/Rap moves to Rock & Roll without changing it myself. Check this under iMac and iPhone and when done follow the next step.)
  • When the above has been done Restart the iMac. Plug the iPhone right away and it will start syncing automatically.

I hope this works for everyone.

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 9:00 AM

1 reply

Waiting for changes to be applied solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.