Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to setup ESPN on Apple TV (3rd Gen, version 7.0.2)

I tried to setup ESPN on my Apple TV (Gen 3, version 7.0.2) but my provider DirecTV is not listed. Now I'm unable to show videos in ESPN on my Windows 7 PCs. as it now goes to Watch ESPN and wants a valid provider. How do I correct this?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, null

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 10:38 AM

3 replies

Dec 28, 2014 8:06 AM in response to vicspainhower

Howdy vicspainhower,

It sounds like you are not seeing all the options you expect to see to be able to setup your account to view on the Apple TV. First I would restart the Apple TV, just incase it need to refresh the app info:

How to restart your Apple TV

Restart your Apple TV by selecting Settings > General > Restart.

If you still do not see the option you are looking for, you may need to work with ESPN directly:

Contact Apple TV content providers

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Dec 28, 2014 1:22 PM in response to sterling r

Thanks for the reply Sterling but I think the reason this is occurring is because DirecTV has apparently just finished negotiations with Disney and I should see DirecTV in early 2015. Don't ask me why Disney but apparently they are the ones owning this streaming service. I'll check in 2015 but I did find a thread on this and that is what was said.

Thanks Again,

Vic

Unable to setup ESPN on Apple TV (3rd Gen, version 7.0.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.