Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble authorizing, and being forced to authorize for an apple id that no longer exists.

Hello. I went to sync my ipod after making some purchases. I got this msg:

"This computer is no longer authorized to play purchased items that are in the ipod, Rachel's Ipod. Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the itunes store? if you do not authorize this computer, 149 items will be removed from the ipod."

so, i hit authorize.

They KEEP prefilling my apple id and i don't know that password nor do i have accesss to that email. So, I deauthorized all my computers and reauthrorized this one. That did not work.

I acted like i was rachelthor@hotm***, and instead of getting them to send me this password I asked to confirm me using security questions. They asked for my birthday. I put in my my birthday, and a msg popped up saying that was incorrect. WELL SHEESH> I know my birthday. I double checked. it was inputted correctly.

Please help!!!

Thank you so muchh in advance.

Rachel

<Email Edited By Host>

iPod nano, iOS 8.1, null

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 10:37 AM

2 replies

Dec 28, 2014 8:19 AM in response to rrrhhhng

Hi Rachel,

Happy Holidays! I know this can be frustrating and confusing, but from your question it sounds like you either changed your Apple ID or created a second one? The resources below will help you determine this and update your account information. If you are not able to make the changes online, I've included a link to our Apple ID support team to help you straighten this out.

Apple ID: How to find your Apple ID - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201354

An Apple ID is your username for everything you do with Apple: shopping the iTunes store, signing in to iCloud, buying an app, using iMessage, and more. That's why it's best to use a single Apple ID and not forget it. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing and may cause issues with accessing purchased content or using some services.

If you can't remember your Apple ID, follow these steps to look for it:

1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com) and click “Find your Apple ID”.
  2. Enter your first name, last name, current email address, and any prior email addresses that you might have used to create an Apple ID. Apple uses this information to search for Apple IDs.
    • If no Apple IDs are found, follow the onscreen instructions to create an Apple ID.
    • If one Apple ID is found, choose whether to receive an email from Apple or answer security questions. Both options will conclude by asking you to reset your Apple ID password. Follow the instructions provided.
    • If multiple Apple IDs are found, select the one that matches your current email address. Then choose whether to receive an email from Apple or answer security questions. Both options will conclude by asking you to reset your Apple ID password. Follow the instructions provided.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

Learn how to change the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

In most cases, your Apple ID is also the primary email address of your Apple ID account. You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID. If your email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, it's already an Apple ID.

Use these steps to reset your Apple ID:

1. Sign out of iCloud, the iTunes Store, App Store, FaceTime, Find My Friends, Find My iPhone, and iMessage on each device that uses your current Apple ID for these services.
  2. Go to My Apple ID.
  3. Select Manage your Apple ID and sign in. Forgot your password?
  4. Select Edit next to Apple ID and Primary Email Address.
  5. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID, then select Save Changes. Apple will send a verification email to that address.
  6. Open the email from Apple, then click Verify Now. Didn't receive the email?
  7. When the My Apple ID page opens, sign in with your new Apple ID email address and password. When you see a message that verification is complete, you can start using your updated Apple ID.
  8. Update the features and services that you use with Apple ID, so that each one is using your updated Apple ID.

If you need to change the Apple ID that's signed in to your iOS device, use these steps to sign out, then back in with a different Apple ID.

Apple ID - Contact - Apple Support
https://www.apple.com/support/appleid/contact/

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Trouble authorizing, and being forced to authorize for an apple id that no longer exists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.