Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 goes to black screen after logo

I've been running Windows 7 via Bootcamp for a little over a year now and just yesterday it goes to a black screen after displaying the logo if I start in normal mode. It works fine in safe mode, but of course with a decreased array of functions. If I plug in an HDMI cable and hook it up to the TV it displays clearly on the TV and I can use it like normal. I've been looking to see if my drivers are out of date but it looks as if they are all fully updated. I don't know what caused the problem but I tried to use system restore to restore to a previous setting. I tried this but receive a message saying "Incorrect Function 0x80070001). I looked into finding a way around this but was unable to find a way to fix this. I've got a MacBook Pro and have updated to the newest operating system.

Really hoping for some help with this. Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10), null

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 11:56 AM

8 replies

Feb 24, 2015 8:52 AM in response to Loner T

So I made a driver installation USB using Boot Camp Assistant. I then entered safe mode and attempted to install the drivers. When I attempted to open the file I received an error, "An error occurred installing the package. Windows Installer returned '1652.'

I then searched online for a solution to this and it was recommended that I do a system restore. I did that, selecting a date back in December, 2014. When my computer restarted it still gave me the same error I had before where the screen went to black. I then restarted in safe mode and got a message that the system was successfully restored. I then tried opening the installation package again and received the same error.

Windows 7 goes to black screen after logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.